Need a little indulgence? Rely on a muffin mix to make quick work out of a chocolaty cake you can serve anytime.
- Prep Time 30 min
- Total Time 2 hr 40 min
- Servings 16
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- cup whipping cream
- teaspoon vanilla
- boxes (16.4 oz each) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip premium muffin mix
- 1 1/3
- cups water
- cup vegetable oil
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- 2 In 2-quart saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove 1/3 cup filling for glaze; set aside. Freeze remaining filling 15 minutes until thick like pudding.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Spoon half the batter into pan. Remove filling from freezer. Carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 1/2 inch of pan edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- 4 Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze. (If too thick, microwave filling on High 10 to 15 seconds using microwavable small bowl.) Cool completely, about 1 hour.